Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Blogiversary: 2 Years! And More. . .Oh, And Less.


Wow, I'm finally here! Two years of blogging. 5,034 posts. Over 74,000 visitors. I'd hoped for 75,000 to hit something of a trifecta of statistics, but alas, it is not to be. These seem to be the blogging doldrums kiddies. Not a lot of people stopping by lately.

I've worked a lot on this blog over 24 months. After a full day at work in front of a computer screen, I've come home to another one. And frankly kids, it's wearing me out a bit. Stuck in a rut, you might say. So I've made the decision to cut back a bit.

Oh, I'm not really going anywhere. I like it too much to give it up completely. But I'm going to try to stop obsessing about how many posts I've put up in a day, or with how many visitors have logged in. It'll be interesting to see if I can do it. I plan to continue posting a couple of interesting items per day. But I'm not going to plow ahead when I'm having difficulty finding anything. I'm not going to sweat it if I only get one or two things up on a given day. And I might just entertain taking entire days off.

With the low traffic I've been getting the last several months, I doubt the hit-meter is really going to notice. And there will still probably be those days where I'm a blogging dynamo. I've redesigned the logo a bit, with a note to this effect. I even entertained putting the word "Lite" into the logo to denote the change. I decided not to, because I don't expect things to change much. Just two or three things per day rather than seven or eight. We'll see how it goes.

In the meantime, keep dropping by. The break might just make me a little more creative, rather than less. Oh, and bring your friends!




1 comment:

  1. I'm in the process of staging a protest if the number of posts drops. That is all.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...