Friday, June 5, 2009

Sarah Palin Still Making Word Salad, Also

The article excerpted below is an annotated transcription of a Sarah Palin introductory speech. She was introducing former first son and right-wing radio host, Michael Reagan. I'm more of a Ron Reagan fan myself, but I digress.

Reading the piece is somewhat entertaining, mostly for the transcriber's comments. But the thing that really stands out to me is what hell we will be put through should this woman attempt a run for the White House. If she does jump off of that cliff, I can only hope that it is a short, spectacular failure. Because I can't take months and months of this:

". . .But you, you here tonight I know that you understand. Some though, they're empowered by national figures and some in the press who, who want to put not just me, but anybody who dares speak up it seems nowadays right back down in their place if one dares speak their mind nowadays, and here in Alaska it's kind of like this new normal it's a little bit being accepted it seems like that we're dealing in, but so be it. . ."

Ugghhhh! Such babble, such nonsense. The repetition of "nowadays," the insertion of "here in Alaska," the way she injects "some in the press" or "dares speak their mind" into any sentence. Even the "so be it." Go read the whole thing to see what I mean. And be afraid for my sanity if this woman actually makes it. Also.

Source: "Screw Political Correctness" -- Sarah Palin in Her Own Words at Huffington Post

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...