Monday, October 11, 2010

What Happens in Vegas: Paris Hilton Featured in District Attorney's Race

I just saw an ad for Clark County District Attorney candidate, Don Chairez. Prior to seeing this ad, I only had a vague awareness of Chairez, mostly due to his odd logo, which features a flame.  I didn't know his party, what he was running for, or anything else. Hey, cut me some slack, the voter guides just arrived yesterday.  Anyway, in this ad, Chairez is trying to rake the current DA, David Roger, over the coals for Paris Hilton's "slap on the wrist" for cocaine possession.  Cut her some slack too, she thought it was gum! And anyway, it wasn't even her purse, she was "holding it" for somebody. Err, okay.

My initial reaction was. . .wait. . .Paris Hilton in a political ad? Next, a picture of  Roger popped up. It was an unflattering shot of him, and on television his appearance looks very ruddy.  At this point, I thought the ad was comparing his face to hers, and it made me think that Chairez was implying that Roger might have been the owner of the purse.  And that may be the thing Chairez was going for, who knows?  But the overall implication is that Roger let Hilton go, and that Chairez wouldn't have. Or something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...