Monday, October 4, 2010

MSNBC's New Slogan: "Lean Forward"

Lean Forward?  I dunno.  It denotes, "progressive." It contrasts automatically with FOX "News," and makes you think lean backward for them.  It also might bring to mind being on the edge of your seat, anxious to hear what's coming next.  And at least it isn't utterly bogus like "Fair & Balanced." I guess I'd have to see it. But then, I thought that McDonald's slogan "I'm Lovin' It" was stupid and annoying, but they've been using it for years anyway.  But let me go on record saying that Kentucky Fried Chicken's "So S-O G-double-O-D Good." is ridiculous.

[Excerpt]

With Tagline, MSNBC Embraces a Political Identity

MSNBC, once the also-ran but now the No. 2 cable news channel, has a new tagline that embraces its progressive political identity.

The tagline, “Lean Forward,” will be publicly announced Tuesday, opening a planned two-year advertising campaign intended to raise awareness of the channel among viewers, advertisers and distributors. . .

Read more at: New York Times

1 comment:

  1. I hate it! Is is the stupidest slogan EVER! It annoys me and anything slogan that you have to spend that much time on trying to figure out what it means is BAD. TRY AGAIN!

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...