As I write this in the late afternoon on Sunday, I'm saddened by the fact that my vacation is almost over. Don't cry for me, though. Though the vacation-at-home was unpaid, it was greatly anticipated, and thoroughly enjoyed. Ten days! It's just amazing how fast they can go by, and how little of what was planned actually got done. At this time tomorrow, I'll have finished my first day back at work, and have just three more days before my usual three-day weekend. So it's not so bad, is it?
Frankly though, I'm a bit out of the blogging habit. I've managed to get a few things up, but largely took a break from my hobby as well as my work. I did manage to use my new(ish) MacBook Pro, but alas, didn't learn much new. In fact, I mostly played Bejeweled 3, and surfed the internets!
Now, I sit in front of my PC, wondering what to make this post about. With the Iowa Caucuses two days away, naturally I'm thinking politics. But that's not very fun. I've watched quite a few movies this weekend, but that doesn't make for a post either. Then, I was thinking about this PC, my Mac, my older Mac, the computers I just got rid of to pay for the Mac. And I realized I've had a lot of computers. Some of them would barely qualify as a doorstop now! So, okay, I wonder if I can find some old computer commercials and videos? Let's see. . .
1. Bill Bixby for the Radio Shack TRS-80! This was a last gasp for that brand.
2. Commodore 64, the first computer I ever had.
3. Atari 400 computer, an attempt to grow the brand from a video console.
4. Bill Cosby for Texas Instruments, a contender for a brief time.
5. Dick Cavett for the Apple II.
6. IBM "PC Jr." Yes, that was a real thing.
7. Commodore Amiga, a computer ahead of its time.
8. Microsoft Windows 3.1. It's not a computer, but it was the birth of Windows as the software we all use on our PCs.
And with that, I'll close for now. Partly because these Blast from the Past posts are extremely difficult to format. The Blogger software EATS the videos while I'm editing, I'm not kidding! Anyway, have a great new week, new month and new year!