Sunday, July 8, 2007

The Other Half: The Little Things

Posted by NevadaJoe

Howdy world, I know it's been a while since I posted anything. Jamie seems to have no difficulty in sitting down and firing off a message to the world, but I find myself staring at the proverbial "blank sheet" of paper for what seems like hours before I can start to formulate my thoughts. Tonight I am going to be brief.

Tonight I am thankful for some of the little things that just make life better. As I am typing, our new dishwasher is running and I can barely tell because it is so wondrously quiet. Our old one was quite loud and did a bad job, which only added insult to injury. We are also the proud owners of a new stove/oven and an above-the-range microwave. We have been wanting these appliances for years and now I can hardly believe they are finally here and how nice they are. So tonight I am thankful for Jamie's bonus which made it all possible, I hope the ladies know how much we appreciate their generosity.

As it was 120 degrees here today I am also thankful for central air conditioning. Our friends Dona and Les are without AC right now so we appreciate that little machine in the backyard making our lives so much better.

I am thankful for our friends. Today our card-club met at our house and we had a great time. Though we were missing two of the gang, it was still fun and I still lost. Well, I am heading out bright and early tomorrow morning to Chicago then on to Cleveland for the night. Not a hard trip, but one I will be happy to finish as vacation starts immediately after. Which I am VERY thankful for. So, is there a moral to all this? Yes. Sometimes life sucks, well, most of the time actually, but then you get one of those "aha" moments and you realize how some of those little things you take for granted are damn nice.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...