Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Al Franken Officially Enters Senate Race


Photo from source, International Herald Tribune

I make no secret of my fondness of Air America Radio on this blog. And one of the founding members of the network, Al Franken, was the original reasons I started listening. I remember before the 2004 elections, searching out AAR on my radio, and then my computer, looking for Al. Instead, I found Randi Rhodes (who I've grown to absolutely love) that first day.

I tuned in to The Al Franken Show (originally known as The O'Franken Factor) the next day, and continued right through the end of his show's run. Since then, I've been anxiously awaiting his run for Senate. I really hope he wins. He'd not only do a good job, he'd be entertaining while doing it. And yes, he's good enough, he's smart enough. . .

[Excerpt]

Comedian making a serious run for U.S. Senate

Even as Al Franken stretches out his big, doughy hand to another potential voter inside Nina's Coffee Cafe on a recent morning, it is easy to forget that Franken, a satirist, author, liberal radio host and former star of "Saturday Night Live," is trying to get elected to the U.S. Senate.

"They should be allowing more dogs in places," Franken deadpans to the voter, "dogs in grocery stores, dogs in hardware stores."

And also: USA Today

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...