Thursday, April 10, 2008

Milestones: 20,000 Hits!


Well, the other day, I was feeling a little sour about the whole blogging experience. After what looked like promising growth in readership for a few days came crashing down with a whopping 55 hits. . .for the whole day! I was in a funk, and I even wrote about it.

I feel better now. I just got my 20,000th hit! Sure, many of those hits are repeat readers (and I thank you), and a great many of them are me, logging in, even though I've set the site meter to not record my visits. It still does, now and again. But who cares? I hit 20,000 (and almost 32,000 page views)! And considering that I didn't add a site meter for a couple of weeks after I started the blog, I'd say the number is close to accurate.

I am aware, of course that the "big boy" blogs can register this many hits in an off morning, and it took me over 10 months to get here. But I'm (mostly) a one-man-show with no promotion, so I'll take it. And considering my current hit total is double what it was on December 8, it's even better. That's only four months, y'all! So, I'm making progress, if only in baby steps.

Thanks for reading, and bring your friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...