Monday, March 14, 2011

Japan Moved, and the Earth's Axis Shifted. So, How Was Your Weekend?

The Earth moved. Image from CNN
If you are one of those people who doesn't pay attention to the news on the weekend, you might have missed it. There was a massive earthquake and tsunami in Japan. Followed by more earthquakes, and more big tides. Also, there were huge worries about Japan's nuclear reactors (new-kyew-lerr, if you're George W. Bush), that still haven't been adequately reported.  I've been watching the teevee machine with great interest, and probing the internets trying to figure out what all is going on. I'm very sad for the Japanese people, and wish there was something I could do.

Also, as a blogger, I've wondered what in the world I could say or do that would have any relevance to anything. So, I've pretty much stayed mum on the subject. But this got my attention. This wasn't just big on a human or historic scale. This was a geologic movement.

[Excerpt]

Quake moved Japan coast 8 feet, shifted Earth's axis

The powerful earthquake that unleashed a devastating tsunami Friday appears to have moved the main island of Japan by 8 feet (2.4 meters) and shifted the Earth on its axis. . .

Read more at: CNN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...