Thursday, June 14, 2012

Five Years Ago Today: Karl Rove in Pink Elephants

Five years ago, this blog wasn't even two weeks old. So, I may have picked too early a week to inaugurate a Five Years Ago feature. But it's cool. It's kind of fun to revisit the past. I think while I'm at it, I may start doing a few Four Years Agos too, since it was a presidential election year also. But for now, here is one of my posts from my first month. It would be another week or so before I became more current eventsy. . .here, I was re purposing some pre-blog work.

ORIGINAL POST: June 14, 2007

 
Here is another of my creations, from a couple of years ago. Picture it: Spring 2005, and revelations about a man-whore named Jeff Gannon were setting the blogs (but sadly not the mainstream media) on fire. Also, there were rumors that the man the Freepers called "Rove, you magnificent bastard!" was possibly--just maybe--gonna be implicated in the Plame affair. I didn't have an outlet yet for my political and artistic frustrations, but that didn't stop me from creating. So without further ado (and with apologies to and appreciation for John Waters), I bring you Pink Elephants!

NOTE (06/14/12):  This joke obviously works better if you know about: Pink Flamingos, John Waters, Divine, Jeff Gannon, Karl Rove, Valerie Plame and the whole vibe of the Bush era in 2007 for a liberal blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...