Thursday, June 14, 2012

Portia De Rossi to be New Lily Munster

Portia and Yvonne, from D-Listed
When it comes to my nostalgia TV, I'm a Bewitched over Jeannie guy. I'm a Star Trek over Lost in Space guy. I'm a Brady Bunch over Partridge Family guy.  I'm a Mary Ann over Ginger guy (oh, who am I kidding, I liked the Professor!). And when it comes to the macabre monster-themed shows, I always liked The Addams Family over The Munsters. Personal preference.

But The Munsters had a lot going for it, not the least of which was the casting. Yvonne De Carlo and Fred Gwynne as Lily and Herman. And if The Munsters has to be re-done again (as all of the above have been, again and again), they could do a helluva lot worse than Jerry O'Connell (sure to be the hottest Frankenstein's monster since Andy Worhol's) and Portia De Rossi. And look she's even got that "De" in the middle there, even if she uses "DeGeneres!" After adoring Portia in both Arrested Development and Better Off Ted, I'm actually looking forward to it!

[Excerpt]


Portia De Rossi Is The New Lily Munster


. . . Deadline says that Portia got the role after ABC Studios refused to let Lorena from True Blood out of her contract with that
Devious Maids mess, which might be headed for Lifetime. Yeah, so Lorena from True Blood is totally farting in somebody's coffee mug today. Portia will put on a luscious skunk wig to play Lily alongside Jerry O'Connell as Herman, Eddie Izzard as Grandpa Munster, Charity Wakefield as Marilyn and Mason Cook as Eddie. . .

Read more (at the very snarky): D-Listed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...