Friday, September 26, 2008

Pepsi Donates $500K to PFLAG


I saw this item, and thought, "How long until the American Family Association, and all those other 'family' groups boycott PepsiCo?" I mean, lots of people maintain that they prefer Coke to Pepsi. Diet Coke to Diet Pepsi. Mello Yello to Mountain Dew. Sprite to Sierra Mist. I've never understood the distinction myself (I buy whatever is on sale), but some people are loyal Coke buyers, and refuse Pepsi products anyway.

Then I remembered, Pepsi owns FritoLay. Frito-frickin'-Lay! Go ahead, 'phobes, boycott Doritos, Fritos, Lays, Cheetos, Tostitos, Sun Chips. . .just try! Something tells me, the target audience for a boycott is the very group that couldn't make it through a weekend without the tasty, salty snacks of FritoLay. And don't forget that Pepsi also has a stake in Pizza Hut, Taco Bell and KFC. Yeah, I think a boycott would be an epic fail. A hearty Neslson Muntz Ha-ha! to you!

[Excerpt]

PepsiCo Foundation grants $500,000 to PFLAG

In a move that may upset conservative organizations and leaders, the PepsiCo Foundation has given a grant of $500,000 to Parents, Family and Friends of Lesbians and Gays to support Straight for Equality, a national education campaign, and to fund training and chapter support. . .

Read more at: PageOneQ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...