Monday, September 22, 2008

McCain Ad on Emmys STILL Touting Bridge to Nowhere

Are you kidding me? For weeks, fact checkers have been blasting the John McCain/Sarah Palin campaign's "bridge to nowhere" lie. And just moments ago (for me, I'm writing on Sunday night), a McCain-Palin ad is still touting the line.

I know I've made the comment before, but it bears repeating. Republicans don't respect their voters. How could they, when they sell them lies, and hope that they believe them?

FYI, if you're one of those "uninformed voters," the bridge to nowhere was a very expensive bridge to an island in Alaska with something like 50 residents. Sarah Palin lobbied for the bridge, and even campaigned on it. It was only after it became a national joke that Palin dropped her support for it, after Congress said "no." But she still got--and kept--the money!

Shameless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...