Thursday, September 4, 2008

Reaction to John McCain's RNC Speech


Image from AmericaBlog

OK, so I watched the speech, and I'm watching the response on MSNBC. Chris Matthews was effusive in his reaction to the speech, proclaiming that he believes John McCain will be ahead in the polls next week. Mmmkay.

I was underwhelmed, as I reported in my (almost) live blog a few minutes ago. Anybody could have given this speech, and most would have done it better. GOP attendees had no idea when to applaud or cheer, choosing to do so after almost every single sentence. McCain was smoother than Cindy dealing with the unexpected applause lines, but not by much.

I think those in the audience would have cheered simply anyone who was the nominee. They very clearly didn't much like him before he was nominated, so I think that should be an obvious point. Sarah Palin was practically unknown just a week ago, and yet they're rapturously, completely in love with her.

Will it be enough to propel McCain ahead in the polls? It's not unprecedented. But I'm not sure that undecideds or Barack Obama supporters would be as bowled over by that speech as the convention attendees were.

The only thing I'm excited for are the inevitable Stephen Colbert Green Screen Challenge videos!

1 comment:

  1. It was a total snoozer. Chris Matthews must be lying. His speech took way to long and its hard to make points when the delivery was so poor.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...