Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Blogiversary: 15 Months! 3320 Posts!


Wow, can you all believe it's already September? August was surely a long, hot month in Las Vegas, and it was an unusual one here at Greenlee Gazette as well. In that time, The Other Half and I had a wedding reception, six weeks after our wedding in Palm Springs in June. Because of that, we had a week-long slate of visitors and well-wishers, leaving me very little time to blog.

As a result, I wrote far fewer posts than in any month since I started the blog. Curiously, as the month finished up, I had more visitors than ever before anyway, pushing past the 3500+ visitors in July. It was shaping up to be a satisfying month. Then, an off-hand comedic post (suggested by Stupid Monkey Planet) got linked to by The Daily Kos. In the last three days of the month--on a holiday weekend, no less--the hits shot up and up. I finished the month with 6,526 individual hits, and 7,915 page views (people who clicked additional pages). Wow!

So, when the end of this month arrives--unless fate, or another big blog links to me--I'll probably be bummed that I didn't come close to that. But I'll take it for now. And I'll still be here blogging away, hopefully without too many interruptions. I'm sure a certain Vice Presidential candidate who likes mooseburgers will come up many more times over the month of September, but I'm going to really try to find other interesting things as well!

As always, thanks for reading. . .and bring your friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...