Tuesday, September 2, 2008

McCain Campaign: "We're Going to Flush the Toilet"


I'm think I'm coming to the end of the road on Sarah Palin stories, at least for the day. If I'm getting weary of the subject already, you folks likely are too. The problem is, there are constant new wrinkles to explore. But in the interest of diversity, I'm gonna try to cool it. But don't hold me to that if I find something really interesting!

In fact, the only reason I'm posting this is for one quote. When I heard Rachel Maddow say on the radio that a McCain campaign official said this, I was just dumbfounded. I mean, I know that reaching for a metaphor can be a struggle when put on the spot, but come on!

[Excerpt]

In Political Realm, ‘Family Problem’ Emerges as Test

We are going to flush the toilet,” said Tucker Eskew, who is a senior adviser to Ms. Palin, describing the campaign’s plans for Labor Day, when much of the nation was busy with family and social activities. . .

Read more at: New York Times

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say to us? Post it here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...